Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Salt Lake City to Boise

Heading towards home, todays mileage: 350

Isaac, Anastaya and I got up early and headed back to Temple Square to do baptisms. At 7:30 in the morning, the temple was a very quiet place. I wasn’t sure where I’d find parking so when I got off the freeway and started getting close, I pulled into the first parking lot I found. Mistake! We walked by lot after lot, some cheaper than where I’d parked. Anastaya ended up with a blister. Then, when we went to Deseret Book after the temple, they offered to validate for our parking. We could have parked right across the street!





The temple was absolutely beautiful, down to the door knobs! It was a great way to begin our long driving day.

After driving around Midvale for a while, looking for a Redbox, we were on the road. Being a newbee at Utah, I couldn’t believe how far North the Great Salt Lake stretches. We encountered several construction slowdowns. We ate lunch at a rest stop and changed out our movies in Twin Falls.

We stayed at the Best Western Northwest Inn. It was a nice place, with a spacious family suite for us. We ate at Idaho Pizza Company for dinner, less than a mile from the hotel.

Then, Boma and I went to the VanHeusen Outlet store and got some cute new clothes. After wearing the same two pairs of shorts and four shirts for almost a month, I’m really looking forward to putting something different on!
The hotel pool was the smallest of any we’ve encountered but the kids didn’t care.

Just 550 miles to go to home!

3 comments:

  1. You have been so faithful blogging on this trip! So glad you are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With as many miles as you have put in, Boise must feel like just the next town over.

    ReplyDelete