Total Pageviews

Monday, June 28, 2010

Boise to Home

final mileage

After giving the kids time to sleep in, eat breakfast, and swim one last time, we headed off towards home.  We made pretty good time, considering the bathroom and food stops the kids needed until we got close to Snoqualmie Pass.  There was an accident 11 miles in front of us and we spent 1 hour 50 minutes to get to the accident and up to speed again.  A lot of that time was spent sitting in the turned off car just waiting.  Miriam was done with the drive, done with the trip and said, "I don't like this vacation!  I'm tired of being in the car every day!"  We all felt and heard her pain. 

You don't want the freeway to look like this at the end of a 6,000 mile drive!

Miriam was not happy with the delay

We had a suprise guest join us for the last 30 miles when Dode showed up at the Park & Ride where I was dropping off my mom.  Jacob said, "Is he driving home with us?  I've been waiting a week to sit in the front seat again".  Sorry Jacob.  We pulled into the driveway just as the trip odometer read 6,100.8 miles.  Dode offered to let me drive around the block again so I could finish off that last mile.  I think the kids would have started screaming.  Once we stopped in the driveway, passing the finish line Dode drew for us, the kids burst from the car and went their separate ways at top speed.  Miriam ran to the trampoline.  Elizabeth took a ride down the zip line.  Jacob went up and rolled on his carpet.  Anastaya ran around looking at how tall the flowers had grown while we'd been gone. William walked in circles watching everyone else go crazy.  As for Isaac, he decided to sit in the car and finish his movie!

I made it!

a welcome sight at the end of the trip

5 comments:

  1. Way to go! Looks like such a fun adventure. I'm glad you're home okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for inviting me to go on this adventure...many said I was crazy but with all the memories we made I would have to disagree!!...in years to come we will all (maybe not Miriam!) look back & remember the feeling of family & conquering bugs, heat, and going over the line on the back seat with fondness...as soon as I rest up a bit (no I did not go to the gym...too tired) I will be ready for the next thrilling (car breaking down in a remote mountain pass), beautiful (my favorite part was hiking to Shakespeare rock), and rewarding (Elizabeth at the Temple, hiking with Jacob at Bryce, Miriam coming up for no reason to give kisses, William jumping headlong into the pool, Isaac helping me the first night with my tent, helping Anastasya with her hair, and spending hours with my daughter as at times screams of children were our "radio") love mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU DID IT, YOU DID IT, YOU DID IT!!! Welcome home Steph. (What a cute husband you have making a finish line for you- perfect)

    ReplyDelete