Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Let it snow!

We've endured over a week of below freezing temperatures here in Western Washington.  It was so cold and so dry, the static electricity was building up like crazy.  Dode and I went to Costco and it was pure torture to push the cart as every few seconds, enough static would build up to send a charge through the cart.  Ouch!  Dode was my knight in shining armor and pushed the cart most of the time.  Now that it's warming up, we finally get some moisture and with it snow.  The kids were thrilled and spent lots of time in it.  They are kind enough to bring some in to me as well, in the form of puddles and wet clothes.  Miriam brought me in a grassy, sand filled snowball which she melted with hot water and offered up to me to drink. 


Here's everyone in front of the garage, getting the lawn mower ready to pull the sled.




Anastaya and Miriam are ready to ride


Elizabeth was used to temperatures in the 20's, here she is overheated and taking a break.



Not content to enjoy the snow outside only, we made snowflakes inside too.



Miriam was quite proud of her snowflake



Here's the finished product, copied from someone else's blog.  Notice, snow inside and out!
Dode and Jacob had to do shut ins after church and went past three cars in ditches on the hilly road up to the family they were visiting.  Typical of Western Washington snow driving!

Here's wishing you snow when you can enjoy it and clear roads when you can't!

5 comments:

  1. It looks like so much fun! We are hoping for Snow here before Christmas. We'll see if it happens.

    I absolutely love your Blog Title Picture!!!! Where was that taken? The scenery is beautiful. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tera! Dode and I snuck away for a long weekend in Vancouver BC last year. We took the tram up Grouse Mountain and snowshoed up to the peak. It was quite a workout, I was comfortable in my t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for a (little) snow this year, but I was kind of hoping that it would hold off until we get this beast parked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I love the snowflake chain idea, I think I would like to copy that too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. matt and i are BOTH in for sledding on the 2nd!

    ReplyDelete