Total Pageviews

Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Yesterday was my birthday.  The day started out with getting 10 kids ready for church.  Most had showered the night before and since Randy & Lisa's kids already had their church clothes ready to go, it was a smooth morning.  Then, I taught in Relief Society.  My favorite thing to do is go skiing on my birthday so teaching the martyrdom of Joseph Smith was quite a change!  When we got home, I took a nap and the kids were nice enough to decorate for me.



My mom, her husband Greg, my brother Matthew and his son Gabriel came over to enjoy dinner with us.  They brought with them a pug named Ramirez and a basset named Rosebud.  We had a lot of kids running around and dogs baying and playing.  It was great!


tea party in a box, what could be better?


Here's the delicious dinner I made.  Lamb with mint sauce, white asparagus with blood orange reduction (doesn't that sound fancy), homemade roll, glazed carrots, green beans, mashed potatoes (real ones since it's my birthday and gravy).  My mouth is still sore from getting my wisdom tooth out so it took me a while to eat as I had to cut everything up into tiny pieces, but it was worth it!



My mom brought a cake from Coldstone.



We played one of our family's favorite games, Apples to Apples.  Miriam won which just goes to show why we love the game, it's great for all ages.  Sharon called to sing me a Happy Birthday and as things were winding down for the night, four of my dear friends came over to sing to me.  It was a great day!  I wish I could always have 10 children in my house but I don't think the state would sign off on an adoption that put six girls in one bedroom!  The other kid bedrooms each had one boy in them since Jared and Isaac slept downstairs.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun day!!! Happy Happy Birthday!!! I do think you have proven that you are a little crazy however when you said you wish you had 10 kids all the time.... what a woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday dinner. Good thing you have a gourmet cook around to do the honors. You're guarantied to get just the meal you wanted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing birthday, and that meal looked delicious! Nothing better than family around to make the day more special.

    ReplyDelete