Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Ornament Party 2012

This year, the ornament party was a bit smaller than usual.  Usually the Dickson ladies in the area attend.  How much smaller?  Well, it was just my girls and myself!  We'd planned it to be a bigger event but everyone else cancelled at the last minute due to busy schedules.  I'd already purchased all my supplies, the girls were really looking forward to some crafting and the boys were really looking forward to homemade sub sandwiches, so we had it anyway.

My girls, hard at work on their ornaments.

This is the ornament that I shared.

Materials for my ornament

This was Anastaya's ornament.

Just coat inside of clear ball with Pledge, then add glitter with a funnel and evenly distribute.  

Elizabeth's ornament

Elizabeth's unique take on her ornament.


We had one injury during the party.  I stuck my thumb into the top of Miriam's ornament to help her get something inside.  When I tried to pull my thumb out, I was snagged on a piece of glass.  I tried twisting my thumb this way and that but could not get it out.  I held my hand above my head and sent Anastaya to get Dode.  She didn't bother telling him it was urgent, just that I needed him, so he made his way inside after a few minutes, once he was finished with what he was doing.

He put some pressure on different parts of my thumb using zip ties to push down on the skin.   He'd stick the zip tie down and then say, "Try this."  I'd pull and say, "Ouch!"  Eventually we got just the right combination and I was able to get my thumb out.  Afterward, when we looked inside the ornament, we saw a fang of glass about 1/3" long pointing down into the ornament.  When I pushed my thumb inside, I had no problem.  But, when I tried to get it out, I got impaled on the fang and pull as hard as I might, I could not get free.  Dode was still getting shivers thinking about it hours later!  I should have taken a photo of the evil piece of glass but as soon as I got my finger out, my first reaction was to grab some pliers and snap that awful thing right off!

This is the ornament I got my finger stuck in!  Miriam was worried I might have left some blood behind, nice girl!

 It was still fun to have the ornament party with just my girls.  So, in the future, big party or small,  we'll keep doing it every year as long as they want to.  Dode and Isaac (munching on huge Dagwood style sandwiches) agree!


2 comments:

  1. Remember getting your finger stuck in the seatbelt & having the firemen come to help? They said they were going to have to cut it off & you thought they meant your finger & you screamed as loud as you could! they meant the seat belt of course!
    I guess you reverted back to your childhood...must be a lesson in this!

    Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was having flashbacks to the seatbelt incident. Thankfully we didn't have to call in the fire department this time, just the husband!

    ReplyDelete