Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Field Trip to the Aquarium with William

William's class field trip was a trip to the Seattle Aquarium.  This is the first year that his class and Miriam's class had different trips.  Why is that important?  When their trips coincide, the teachers give me Miriam and William to chaperon and no one else.  This time, I got William and two girls from William's class.  Why would that strike fear in my heart?  William is in a self contained special ed classroom.  I wondered what type of behaviors I was going to encounter.

My group, William, Abbie and Kiley

Why do children love these so much?

William loved the touch tanks.


dressed up in some diving duds

We ate our lunch in the underwater dome.

We were only at the aquarium for two hours before we had to load up the bus and head home.  

The girls and William did great.   I never lost anyone and for the most part, they got along.  The aquarium employees were training the otters while we were there.  I found it quite interesting and wanted to watch but the children spent about 30 seconds watching and were ready to move on.



No comments:

Post a Comment