Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Dode in a tux!

We had a formal dinner and dance at church and Dode decided it was time to go all out.  What does that mean?  Well, it's the first time I've seen him in a tux or suit coat since I was 16!  (We went to the winter tolo together back then.)  He hasn't worn a suit coat since the last Sunday of his mission when he was 21.  When we got married, he asked me, "You're not going to make me wear a suit on my wedding day are you?"  I figured if I got to choose what I wore, he should get to choose what he wore, so it was a white shirt and tie for him.

He borrowed my step dad Greg's tux for the event.  The children, especially Anastaya, couldn't get over how "cute" we looked.

Looking good in our borrowed and thrift shop finery.  The girls thought my dress was amazing.  I'm not so sure, but I was looking for modest and this being prom season, there wasn't a lot to choose from at Value Village.  Not too bad for $10, but I think I was rocking the "older lady on a cruise dress" vibe.   Miriam tried it on the next day and is dreaming of when she'll fit into it in.


We had a nice time at the party.  Unfortunately, they were having problems with the speakers and we were never able to strut our stuff.  So, I had to be content with showing my snazzy husband off at the party.  The youth helped serve dinner at the party.  I thought Isaac would get to be our waiter, but he ended up dishing up plates in the kitchen.  It was a nice gesture to treat the event like a real restaurant where your plate comes already assembled instead of the buffets that usually happen at church events.  The drawback was that the youth aren't very skilled at serving.  Half our table got their food 20 minutes before the youth came back with food for the other half.  So half of us were stuck eating cold food.  

They had an area for taking photos. 
When Isaac was done with his kitchen duties, he agreed to get a photo with me.
I think he looks pretty good.  He thinks he looks like a dork because he doesn't have his usual smirk (He considers it his smolder).

No comments:

Post a Comment