Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Space Ship Clock for Day Camp

I've learned that a lot of people don't wear a watch while at camp.  I made a fun clock to go with our outer space theme to put at a central location.  It will display the "official" camp time.


My inspiration, found on Pinterest.  I tried to find micromachines for my clock but they were way too spendy.  I think I found a pretty good substitute.

My supplies:
A clock from Value Village, silver spray paint and plastic ships from amazon.com

Arranged around the clock.  There were enough different types of ships to repeat each one twice.
Miriam prefers the look of the clock like this, but I did one more step.
I spray painted the ships silver and glued them on with quick dry epoxy.
All I had to do was paint the space ships and glue them onto the clock.  We've been having really cold weather lately and the spray can said to paint above 50 degree temperatures or use a well ventilated area.  Since the below freezing outdoors was out, I set up in the bathroom, turned on the fan, and got to work.

One outer space clock ready to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment