Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Getting rid of a paint line, a quick fix

When we moved into our home almost eight years ago, the landlord let us choose paint colors for all the walls.  I selected my favorite "hot cocoa" color for the walls in the living room and a white with a warm undertone for the rest of the house.  Once everything was complete, I was dissatisfied because the living room and dining room share the same long wall.  The painter addressed the issue by simply choosing a spot to stop painting one color and going on to the next.  To me, it looked ugly and "white trash".  From my favorite spot on my favorite couch in the living room, that paint line was visible.  So, for almost eight years I looked at that line and wondered, "What can I do?"


I finally came up with a quick and inexpensive fix.  I went to Lowe's and purchased some door trim.  I cut it to length, lined it up with the step that it goes down into the living room, and used my trusty nail gun to put it in place.  Some spackle disguised the nail holes and the project was complete.  I think  it looks much better now.

William held the level while I nailed up the trim

Complete!

before and after, a small change but a big difference to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment