Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Sheri's 40th birthday party

Saturday, Janice hosted a party for Sheri's 40th birthday at our house.  The day started pretty grey but thankfully the sun came out and it was a beautiful evening.  One of the people that was here said to me, "Your house is better than Disneyland!"  I told her we'd actually heard that before.  I don't know if I agree.  I have to work pretty hard at this Disneyland!  But, just like Disneyland, we're always adding new fun.  My next dream is for Dode to build me some sort of dunk bucket toy.  I found one I like online, I just need him to make it for me, for much cheaper!  It runs off a 12 volt battery so I could use it at day camp too, with something beside water in the bucket, maybe foam balls....

fingers crossed that someday I'll have something like this!

Dode says he doesn't have time to build me one before our next party in three weeks due to trying to repair our septic drain field and find the leak in the kitchen that's causing the floor to buckle and then fixing the kitchen floor.  Oh, and getting some relaxing summer play in.  I don't see the problem!

One thing that I love is that we have things for the teenagers to do as well as the younger children.  I remember being a teenager and being so bored at parties my parents would take me to.  I want the youth that come to our house to have something to do that can break them out of their teenage shells.

Young and old had fun on our big ball.  When Miriam was pushing it around the yard, it looked like it was self propelled.  We had to stop William from bringing it to the top of the hill and rolling it down.  He was trying to knock little kids over like bowling pins.  Fun for him, not so much fun for the ones getting knocked down!

The pool was busy as always.  We didn't end up with as much grass in it as normal because earlier in the day Joel came over with his mower with a bagger and vacuumed up all the grass clippings laying on the lawn.  He's hired!  Part way through the party Anastaya came up to tell me there was a fish in the pool.  We use the stream to fill the pool and apparently we'd sucked up a small fish along with the water.  He didn't like the chlorine very much, he was dead when the girls found him.

Splashdown at the bottom of the slip and slide.
Allison, Anastaya, and Elizabeth having fun.  I missed the photo of their bigger train that also included Lainey, Jenna, Savannah and Darcy.

More fun for teenagers, laundry basket building and destroying.  We always have to start them off by beginning a structure but once they realize what they're for, they're good for lots of entertainment.

The "Spinny Thing" is another toy that's good for young and teens. 

Uncle Dave's dog Harry found a rat near the house during the party.  He played with it and killed it.  When Dode tried to get it away from him, he snatched it up and took off running.  It took Uncle Dave reprimanding him to get him to stop and drop it.  You'd think with the stray cats around, we wouldn't have rodents.  We must be feeding them too much!  We'll have to get Harry over here more often.

I'm not sure how many people we had here but I know that we dumped a 5 gallon jug of water into the ice water and lemonade dispensers.  We had to go back and put another 2-3 gallons in to make it through the party.  That's a lot of liquids!  


At the end of the night, we enjoyed cake and ice cream cones.  Jacob and Jared helped serve up the ice cream.  We finished off the box of cones from day camp.  Now I have to decide, do I buy another box for the two parties that are coming up in August?  Most likely yes!  It had gotten pretty windy so the candles on the birthday cake wouldn't stay lit.  We finally gave up and started singing anyway.  I guess Sheri will get all her wishes granted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment