Total Pageviews

Monday, March 1, 2010

2nd life for a thrift store lamp

I bought this lamp years ago at Value Village.
It was fine, nothing too exciting, but I always hated the water damage at the bottom.
A can of trusty spray paint to the rescue, and I had a whole new lamp.  I used oiled bronze with a hammered finish.  I found a metal key for $1 that added a bit of a decorative touch.  Hopefully, the double knot will defeat small fingers for a little while!

Fancied up with a metal key


before                                                            after

no more water damage, hooray!


2 comments:

  1. I've been eying up lamps at the thrift store lately for mom and dad's house. Maybe seeing how great yours turned out will inspire me to take the plunge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used that same hammered finish on some ugly looking sconces that I now love!! It's awesome stuff and the lamp looks great!

    ReplyDelete