Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 19, 2013

R2D2 shoes

This year the theme for cub scout day camp is outer space.   I always like to have a fun theme based costume.  I made myself some R2D2 shoes, copying an idea I saw on Pinterest.  I went to Wal-Mart and bought a pair of white canvas shoes for $5.50 and some blue shoelaces for $2.

Then I found an image of R2D2 on google images to copy.  I used a disappearing fabric pen to trace my design and got to work coloring it in with Sharpies.  It took me about 30 minutes to do both shoes.  The worst part of the project?  Having my face so close to the permanent marker fumes!

top view

rear view

Now that I've made them, I wish I would have made one C3PO.  I guess I can always get another pair to decorate and have two pairs of Star Wars shoes!  We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment