Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 2, 2013

21 weeks along

21 weeks along, wearing a size large maternity shirt, not sure how many more weeks this one will work!

The past two weeks have been rough.  I had a big freak out for a few days dwelling on all the things that could go wrong.  Thankfully, I talked it over with a friend and just being able to verbalize with someone where I didn't have to worry about adding to their stress level helped me sort things out.  So, while I'm still nervous about what the next months might bring, I'm no longer finding myself in tears.  It's a merciful thing that I was able to get my fears under control because last week I had an episode of spotting, which could be related to the placenta previa.  I was able to deal with it emotionally without falling apart.

I had another ultrasound which shows the babies are going strong inside, moving a lot, with good heart rates and plenty of fluid.  I still have a complete previa.  In another two weeks, I will have another ultrasound where they will measure the babies, check the previa, and check the front of my uterus to make sure Baby A's placenta is behaving itself and staying inside my uterus, not reaching through my scar.

Now that we know we're getting a boy and a girl, the name suggestions have been pouring in from friends and family.  Some people tell us we HAVE to name the boy Abraham since we already have Isaac and Jacob, giving us all the great patriarchs.  Isaac has suggested Nimrod and Dorcas.  Luke and Leah have by far the greatest following and my Mom is lobbying for Paul.  I'm not calling them anything yet in my mind.  When I think of them it's "baby boy" and "baby girl".

The exhaustion I've been feeling for a long time has lifted a bit and hooray for that!  I've managed to gain 13 pounds.  I still get nauseous from time to time and last week I even threw up (I haven't done that in a long time!).  I think I'm finally entering the honeymoon time of pregnancy.  I'm enjoying it while it lasts because I'm sure before long I will be uncomfortably huge.  Right now I get lots of comments from people that I have a very cute belly.  Will they still be saying that when I'm 38 weeks pregnant?  I think it will go from "cute" to "unbelievable".

Isaac wanted in on the bump photos, he's sticking his stomach out as far as he can

Miriam had to have a photo too.

No comments:

Post a Comment