Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Isaac and Mom day

Each year, Dode and I each try to have a special day with each of the children.  It definately takes some advance planning to get everyone their special day.  In January, I "claim" each child's day on the calendar to make sure it happens.  Isaac's day with mom is 1st this year.  Isaac loves to ski.  We started him on skis when he was three and he pretty much owns the mountain.  He starts talking about skiing in August and can't wait.  Skiing is not a cheap sport.  We only get him up a few times a year.  We heard from a friend that he could get $8 night skiing tickets through work to Snoqualmie Pass and I decided it would make a perfect Isaac/Mom day.  We were able to get in 6 hours of skiing.  It was a sheet of ice when we got there and it took him a few runs to get his ski legs back.  Soon, he was bombing down the hill.  We drove up with friends and I think part of his favorite part of the day was falling asleep resting his head in my lap on the way home.  He is a still my sweet, cuddly boy.

1 comment: