Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Another Great Saturday

We started off the day with the produce co-op and I was so happy because we had 50 baskets (my goal!)  The truck was late and lots of people came early to help so it was a bit of controlled chaos.
Luckily, not everyone came early so there was room for people to park.

I told Dode we need to keep growing and he thinks I'm crazy.  I'm just so excited to get so much delicious produce for such a great price.  I want everyone to know about it and get the chance to participate.  If you have a bountiful baskets co-op near you, you should really give them a try.  If you try it once and hate it, try it once more in case it was just a bad week.  There is no committment beyond the one time.  Here is the basket from this week, it was a nice one.  I don't have any experience with eggplant so I found a few eggplant recipes at Cooks Illustrated that I want to try.  I love Cooks Illustrated because they will make 100 versions of a recipe to get to the best one.  I'm not sure what to do with the mango, besides slice it up and eat it.  Roasted cauliflower is my new favorite.  I can eat an entire head!  I always buy two baskets so this is only half of what we got.


After the co-op was done, Dode and Isaac took off for Isaac's scout activity at an indoor rock climbing gym in Everett.  Dode knows how to belay so he was a "belay slave" all day, holding the rope in a safe manner that would stop the boys from falling if they lost contact with the wall.  This picture is oriented correctly, Isaac is hanging like a monkey from the wall.

It was time to get Miriam new shoes so we went to Target.  I got her one pair of practical tennis shoes and let her pick a fun girly pair.  The choice was between two different kinds.  She had one of each on and I asked her which was more comfortable.  She told me, the ones with the butterflies because they're more prettier.  Vanity starts so young!


We were watching Seth so Sheri could work on painting Sharon and Lynn's house.  He started running around with these dress up safety glasses, hamming it up, and it was too cute.  Of course, when the camera came out, he put his serious face back on.  He seems to enjoy being over here and has no problem holding his own.  It's something to hear him bossing the other, older, children around.  We're probablly turning him into a monster because they think it's too funny.


3 comments:

  1. Regarding eggplant, you should contact Tricia for her eggplant parmesan recipe. It's delish! Sounds like you had a fun Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fun day for everyone. love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would rather have been having fun with all of you on Saturday! Miriam can be my shoe shopping buddy anytime.

    ReplyDelete